Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rebuilding Piece 1

Club Nebula does not actually exist. But, I know I need to diversify my portfolio. In the spirit of doing this I am posting one of the pieces as promised. This is intended to be a full page (8.5 x 11) flyer for an event to occur at Club Nebula. Lemme know what you think.

Oh and in other news... I was contacted by Apple Computer. They'd like to speak with me more about being a Mac Genius at the Genius Bar in one of their Boston area Apple Stores. For those who do not know, these Mac Genius jobs come with full benefits, paid training and pay VERY well. I'll be pushing for a position in Cambridge, as I know how to get there. LOL. I'll be giving them a call when I wake up. Pray for me.




- Daemian

3 comments:

jered74 said...

Re: Apple - Congrats, that would be amazing! You might even get to upgrade poor FrankenMac!

Re: Nebula - As a club-goer, my first impression is "boring". Sorry... I do not know what works well for a graphic design portfolio, but if you were handing these out on the street, they are too dime-a-dozen. And, the two words that jump out are Nebula and Competition. I think the Urban Dance would entice me more than the Competition. I think the color palette is too coherent. It all kind of blends together. Except the plain text black letters in the middle, which come across as an afterthought.

Kisses! Love ya!

Daemian said...

Coherent Color scheme was actually the intent and idea. But I do agree on the URBAN DANCE thing. I just couldn't figure out what to do with it at the time. But perhaps I have an idea for it.

I'll edit it after some more thought on it.

As for Apple... hell yeah that would be cool! I have the interview at 10am via telephone. Yay! I have to brush up on my tech docs. Upgrade poor FrankenMac... try replace!

Unknown said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts, but I won't pray. I have plenty of faith that you'll succeed with flying colors.