Monday, December 10, 2007

Ego Boost...

Well, well, well... I do sell myself short. I am willing to bet it is a major turn off no less. But today was a particularly shitty day. Just work n shit. So yes the entire day was shitty... until...

Most times when someone hits on me I tend to blow em off then get real pissy when they pursue. I chalk it up to 2 things. Thing one... I always took it for granted that I was being hit on because a predator (such as I had been) would try to catch the easiest prey of the pack. So I always chalked that up to them thinking that because I'm not cute that they think I should be easy. Thing 2 is that I was in relationship mode. Being in that mode I would automatically turn them away.

Fast forward to today... I got hit on by the most yummy and delectable of men. I mean he was tall, he was beefy and he was fucking hot. I mean good god. When he approached me I was almost certain that it was to ask for train station directions or the way to 5th Ave.. Nope.. he wanted to actually talk to me. At that point I almost told him I was straight, then I remembered; I am not married anymore. So the conversation went on and he eventually asked me for my number. He's apparently a private practice doctor... interesting. So I figured meh what the hell. I gave him the number. I don't plan on ever seeing him again and told him it was pretty pointless to give him my number seeing as I am leaving NYC at the end of the month. He didn't care. I told him I was not moving to Westchester or anything close, but that I was moving to MA. He asked which part and I told him... Worcester. Well low and behold he is often in Boston and knows some people in Worcester. My, my, my has Gentleman Luck
finally decided to smile on me? His name is Mayan. I mean I don't want another relationship. Relationships hurt... but I don't mind taking a few applications and conducting a few interviews I guess. ;P

Talk about a boost to the good ol' ego!

Lets hope my luck in my new home is just as good.

-Daemian